I’m on day 6 of a cold and yesterday I went out and did too much, so I woke up worse for the wear and having trouble breathing. Unfortunately, my to-do list is still miles long and some of the items on it fill me with dread. Then just now, I found out that Sir Terry Pratchett died today, and decided today was a good day for some emergency self-care.
Things in my Self-Care Box o’ Tricks:
- Last night I downloaded new books to the Kindle from the library! I’ve been waiting to read Divergent by Veronica Roth until all the hype died down and now it’s down and I am looking forward to it.
- Listening to my favorite band and the music that has made me feel safe and comforted for over ten years.
- Catching up on The Mystic Foundation, which I haven’t had time to read and digest with moving and such going on.
- Snuggling with Miss Pepper, who never not wants to be in my lap… and could really use some grooming.
- Deep breaths and lots and lots of delicious herbal tea.
What’s in your Self-Care Box o’ Tricks?
(I apologize for not posting Looking Forward the last two Mondays. I moved the weekend before last, and I’m not quite back in the swing of things!)